REVISION DESCRIPTION SHEET
|00||–||First submission for Engineer’s review and approval.|
Table of Contents
This Method Statement outlined the following items;
- Resources to be used.
- Work procedure for Façade Stone cladding.
- Handling and storage of materials.
- Inspection and test plan.
- Inspection check list.
The purpose of this Work Method Statement for Façade stone mechanical cladding works is to outline and describe in detail the procedure such as setting and lay-out plan on actual location, collecting accessories, fixing hanging systems and all other related activity. Inform all concerned supervisor including workers the value and importance of this activity prior to implementation. This activity should be performed with strict compliance and implementation of Safety Requirements & Procedure and project specifications to complete the work.
MOI Ministry of Interior (Employer)
GIJV Consultant: Gesbau Italconsult Joint Venture
BEC Beijing Emirates International Construction Co. (Contractor)
IFC Issued For Construction
QD Quality Department
QCP Quality Control Plan
ITP Inspection and Test Plan
JHA Job Hazard Analysis
STA Safety Task Assignments
QCI Quality Control Inspector
MSDS Material Safety Data Sheet
TDS Technical Data Sheet
PPE Personal Protective Equipment
Specification and Documents listed below are referred to;
- KAP5- Group 4 (09600) Project Specifications (Zuhair Fayez).
- ASTM A 307, A 36, A 123 …etc.
- Handbook. BEC HSE Plan.
- BEC Quality Assurance Plan.
- BEC Environmental Control Plan.
- Approved drawings.
- Material Approval.
- Project Manager
Project manager is responsible for maintaining the safety and progress of the work. He shall ensure that he has the latest drawings of the project and have updated information from the Engineer regarding project.
- Construction Manager
The Construction Manager is responsible for the arrangement of the work.
- HSE Manager
The HSE Manager is responsible for reviewing this procedure method statement, ensuring that the method statement, JSA and STA are carried out at the required time by the Safety Officer. Ensuring that all operations are briefed on the method statement and signed to confirm receipt of briefing
- Safety Officer (reports directly to the HSE Manager)
The Safety Officer is responsible for the following:
- Insure that all safety requirements to start the activity are provided by the construction group as per project HSE manual and specification.
- To conduct daily inspection to ensure that safety requirements are being maintained up to the completion of this activity.
- Ensure operatives understand the method statement and are briefed on the method statement.
- Advise operatives on their responsibilities and safety requirements.
- Site Engineer
Site Engineer has to insure that all the façade stone cladding work are carried out as per required specifications and Method of Statement. To insure that all parties required any kind of inspection or test are suitably informed as to the delivery program. Insure that the notification time to QC is sufficient to meet notification time to Engineer.
- Site Surveyor
Site Surveyor is responsible to allocate all façade stone cladding levels as indicated in all arch. Drawings under instruction of SE, IR has to be issued and approved.
- Site Foreman
Site Foreman team must work together to ensure that all activities regarding façade stone cladding works shall be carried out properly. Preparation of area and necessary requirements for this method of statement must be carried out carefully to ensure safety and on-time delivery of work.
- Quality Control Inspector (QCI)
- The QC Inspector is responsible for checking and verifying the documentation for the Inspection Request (IR) submitted by the Site Engineer prior to submit the same to the client for inspection.
- QC Inspector is responsible for rejecting the work or prepare observation report if the work is found not in-compliance or unsatisfactory.
- The Observation Note will specify the commented work by the QC Inspector and submit for rectification prior to carry out the Inspection Request.
- Coordinate with the Site Engineer and Client representative during inspection.
- The façade stone cladding fixer
Shall be responsible for the façade stone cladding application works.
|Materials||Tools & Equipments|
|All Systems are such as but not limited to the following: Approved Granite or marble with type, color, finish and dimensions as per drawings, manufacturer approval.Grouts and fillers as per manufacturer instructions with color of Engineer’s approval.Accessories with Anchors Stainless Steel: Type 304, for anchors, dowels and clamps in direct contact with stone.Hot-Dip Galvanized Steel: For anchor bolts, nuts and washers not in direct contact with stone which shall be provided by a specialized firm.||Cleaning tools Drill machine Cutting tool Leveling tools Finishing tools Set of minor tools|
Materials are subjected to GIJV’s approval and installed in site as per manufacturer recommendation
- Before any work commences, the Engineer shall ensure that all relevant permits are obtained and work shall commence following the specific measures itemized in the permit.
- The work area will be clean and leveled prior to the work commencing, a walkway route will be demarcated to and from the work area, and storage area,
- The Surveyor/Engineer in coordination
with the Safety Officer shall check that all works are being done in accordance
with the project HSE manual. All operatives will receive a (STA) Safety Task
Assignment prior to commencing the works. This Method Statement will be briefed
to all operatives carrying out the works.
- All staffs/workers shall use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate according to the nature of the different jobs involved.
The foregoing procedure for the façade stone cladding Works will serve as a guide or reference to the SE and QCI along the course of their work to achieve an acceptable quality of workmanship, and at the same time to control materials utilization and attaining the optimum results with less time and effort as:
- Remove excess mortar and sealants as work progress and completion using suitable tools.
- Coordinate with other Arch. Disciplines and also with EMP before starting granite fixing.
- Horizontal line level and verticality must be checked and established.
- Consider Arch. Details and relations while establishing like: copping with windows sill.
- Use hanging system accessories types as manufacturer instructions.
- Start fixing hangers, anchors to walls as manufacturer instructions.
- Fix granite tiles to clamps and anchors as manufacturer instructions.
- Lay granite tiles horizontally and vertically considering the joints as mentioned in drawings.
- Fill a cement/ sand mortar between back of stone and wall from the grade finish level to the sill of window or 1(one)meter at the ground floor, otherwise damp proofing shall be applied.
- Joints between stones should be considered vertically and horizontally or / as indicated in drawings.
- Continuous sealant strip must be provided with finish grade level.
- Work protection must be followed against other finishing works.
The QCE shall invite the engineer to witness the foregoing procedure as per the submitted IRs (Inspection Requests).
An IR will be offered to the Engineer after levels allocation is completed. Once the Engineer approves that the starting of system fixation for granite installation, an IR for will be offered for inspection. Likewise, an IR will always be offered to the Engineer for inspection and acceptance on the subsequent final activities.
Frequency of inspection requests shall be as per the approved ITP.
10 QUALITY ASSURANCE:
|DESCRIPTION OF WORK||IN-CHARGE|
|The QA/QC Manager will monitor and ensure that this Method Statement shall be observed so that smooth Work Flow will be attained. Furthermore, the QA/QC Team shall ensure that each individual elements of the work shall be completed substantially in compliance with the approved plans and project specifications to meet client’s expectation. The following activities shall be observed: Single Source Responsibility: Provide materials same manufacturersCoordination of Work: Review other Sections of these Specifications in which materials are to be provided to ensure compatibility of complete stone mechanical cladding system for various sequences. Upon request from other trades, furnish information or characteristics of materials provided for use, to ensure compatible components are used.Material Quality: Provide manufacturer’s best quality trade sale granite/ Marble material of various stone types specified. Accessories material containers not displaying manufacturer’s product identification will not be acceptable.||QA/QC Manager QCE, SA|
11.1 Inspection and Test Plan.
11.3 Risk Assessment.
METHOD STATEMENT BRIEFING RECORD
(Stone mechanical cladding system)
Briefing delivered by:
Position: QA/QC Manager
We (the undersigned) have read and understood the attached method statement and will comply with the specified requirements and control measures. If the work activity changes or deviates from that originally envisaged, we will seek further advice and request an amended method statement.